Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Dry Erase Calendar

DIY Dry Erase Calendar

   I have been wanting a Calendar for awhile now to help Duane and I organize everything. I saw this idea on Pinterest to make your own Dry Erase Calendar. I loved the idea because I could change it when I needed to, use it all year around, it was bright and fun, and it was easy and cheap!
   I bought the picture frame at Hobby Lobby for 50% off (Don't you just love Hobby Lobby), the ribbon and pins from Hobby Lobby, and the paint chips from Walmart. I already had stickers, glue, and cardstock paper at home from scrapbooking.

My Materials
   The first thing I did was take the cardboard and paper out of the picture frame. I covered the 18X24 paper with my own colorful cardstock to have behind the paint chips.
   I cut each of the paint chips I got in half and arranged them on the paper. (5 rows of 7) I glued these down with rubber cement.
   This where I started to improvise a little bit. I didn't cut straight on the paint chips so it looked a little silly. I had bought ribbon that day for another project but used it inbetween the paint chips creating a thick line between the days. I pinned the ribbon down with pins which added just a little bit of extra color. I also had extra space at the bottom so I used stickers I had to decorate it a little bit.
   Finally, I put together the picture frame and it was done! I could change it for any month of the year by writing on the glass with a dry erase marker. 

The finished project! Love it!

Our Month of August

My kitchen is very bright so it matched perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment